With work experience becoming increasingly crucial in getting a job, the Young Workers Volunteer Program enables participants to raise their employability by developing work-related skills and knowledge through volunteering in one of the world’s largest economies.
Non-formal and informal learning opportunities during the program enable young people to acquire essential competences that contribute to their personal and socio-educational development and foster their active participation in society, thereby improving their employment prospects.
The program is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge.
The projects involved are largely directed by NGOs and international charities, who seek to recruit young, highly motivated team members to play an active part in their organization and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organization.
Possible projects are in the field of, but not limited to:
- International offices at German universities
- German adult community colleges (Volkshochschulen)
- Seminar centers
- International NGOs that focus on SDG-related topics (Sustainable Development Goals)
- Education centers (e.g. Kindergartens, international schools)
- Political or social foundations in Hamburg and Berlin
Applicants must apply directly for individual projects on the AFS Online Marketing Platform. Please contact us for more details.