We are frequently asked about travel insurance. As an AFS participant you are already covered by comprehensive medical insurance. We’ll do everything we can to make sure your trip abroad goes smoothly and is a fantastic, memorable experience, but having the right level of travel insurance in place is important in case something unexpected happens. The cover you choose should cover lost or damaged luggage, travel disruptions and the loss of valuable items such as laptops and cameras as well as have personal/public liability. AFS requires all participants take out travel insurance to cover these situations and others.
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
AFS has arranged for an insurer to provide the additional required cover in a package that participants could purchase directly from the insurer. Note that AFS is not a party to the insurance contract, and does not assist in filing claims. Any purchase is an agreement directly between the participant/natural family and the insurance company. Payments, administration and claims are all be done by the insured parties directly with the insurance company.
The insurer offers benefits covering:
- Personal Liability: For personal injury and property damage caused by the participant while on program – Two limits are available: EUR 500,000 and EUR 1,000,000
- Baggage insurance: For theft/damage of personal property during the entire trip up to a limit of EUR 1,500 (Note laptop computers are not covered.)
Travel insurance: common claims
- Lost or stolen luggage and personal effects;
- Loss of travel documents: if you lose your passport, the cost of getting to the closest Australian Consulate will be reimbursed, along with other associated costs;
- Resumption of journey: the cost of rejoining the AFS program should you have to return to Australia unexpectedly following the death of, or life threatening injury/sickness of a relative;
How to purchase?
Access to the website is as follows: http://www.esecutive.com/afs
All payments are handled on-line via credit card. Quotes/payments are made in American Dollars.
You are also encouraged to seek your own insurer and get comparison quotes.
AFS Australia requires all participants take out travel insurance in addition to the medical insurance provided by AFS. AFS participants are not obligated to take out travel insurance through the above provider; you are welcome to explore other travel insurance provider options.